Saturday, May 09, 2009

Must reading for those interested in Open Science - Michael Nielsen on "Doing Science in the Open"

Not much for me to add here other than to tell everyone interested in Open Science that you should look at Michael Nielsen's article: Doing science in the open - physicsworld.com. It covers a wide range of topics from secrecy to journals to the internet to online commenting to wikipedia to collaboration to FriendFeed. It has lots of interesting points in there. Hat tip toDavie Bacon / The Quantum Pontiff.

2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted you enjoyed the article, Jonathan! The article is based on Chapter 4 of a book I'm currently finishing, about the use of online tools in science, which I hope to have done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be very interested in seeing the rest whenever you are done ...

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...